Saturday, August 6, 2011

Jordana Kohl Kajal Eyeliner + Swatches


I was having one of those days. You know, when you just don't want to deal with anything and you just feel sad. Maybe that's just me. Who knows. Anyway. I was in class one day and I just thought to myself "I really can't be here right now" (which is extremely rare for me) and so out of impulse I just stood up and walked out and went straight to my car and sat down and shut my eyes. What was I going to do now? I didn't feel like sitting at home doing nothing. I had my car, a wallet full of singles and the heat beating down on me. What came to mind? Retail therapy*.

*Honest to god, this does not happen to me often.

Now, let's zone in on one of the stores I came across during my little day to myself: Walgreens. All drugstores have sales at some point whether or not it's a small one in which you have to search through buckets of forever forgotten cosmetics or it's a blatant display of "COME BUY ME!!!" Welllll, Walgreens was having a display specifically for Jordana cosmetics and 90% of the cosmetics were on sale. One item being the Kohl Kajal Eyeliner:


The blue one especially is beautiful, right?


Beautiful colors right? Especially the blue one. What was more beautiful? The price at a whopping 50 cents each! Not being the original price but being 75% off I believe.

Now to review:

These liners are so creamy, SOO creamy. Both in a good and a bad way.

Pros:
-Extremely affordable, SUPER creamy, Beautiful color selection, Easy to Smudge/Blend out.
The black one does indeed stay super black all day!

Cons:
-Since these are so soft they don't have a very good staying power. I have super duper oily lids and even when I put on a primer it seems to transfer easily onto my crease when put on my top lash line. It starts looking like a greasy goopy mess on my lids which is NOT a good look. On my bottom lash line it tends to crease weirdly too. I have weird microscopic wrinkles and it seems to move around easily making under my eyes smudgy and look like I just cried. Keep in mind though that I have some oily a** lids and an extremely weird eye shape. Maybe these would work better for everyone else? On a side note. I don't know how I feel about the packaging.

Verdict:
Would I buy these again? Well since they were on sale I'm guessing that they're being discontinued but I think I would if they weren't. Not on sale they're around $2 which still is not bad and when they're on sale at .50 HECK YEAH I would! I'd buy a handful! They're great eyeliners for people who are just starting off with make up which is why I recommended them to my little sister who is 13 as well as being just a great fast eyeliner to use when you're on a rush. If you have oily lids like me make sure to have it handy around with you as well as a tissue to do some clean ups and touch ups throughout the day.

What do you guys think? Do you like these?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...