Monday, January 16, 2012

Urban Decay Vegan Palette Review

A while back Urban Decay was having the Vegan Palette on sale for $13 on their website. I thought this was an absolute steal because the original price was I believe around $32-$34, thus I jumped on the opportunity and picked one up as well as a couple other things that hopefully I'll get to do a review on. So, here is my review on one of my most cherished cosmetic items ever! (That should give you an automatic hint!)

The outside of the palette is just so absolutely adorable. It says "We don't do animal testing... how could anyone?" I agree, how could anyone... anyway I'll leave that to everyone else's own opinion on it. Look at the bunny!

The palette comes with 6 shadows, a medium sized 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero, and a mini Primer Potion in Sin.
One thing I love about this palette is the eye liner that it came with. I have purchased this multiple times and to get it for free, practically? Yes, please! What just dumbfounded me was that it came with a mini potion in Sin! I already have the Original one as well as Eden so I gladly welcomed this little bugger into my set of primers. Now I just have to get Greed!

The Shadows.

The 6 shadows that come in this palette is Minx, Urb, Gunmetal, Twice Baked, Smog, and Half Baked. It is known that Twice Baked and Half Baked are very common among the other palettes by Urban Decay. All of these are shimmery, so no mattes, sorry!
  • Minx is a bright blue toned turquoise with small silver glitter bits.
  • Urb is a pale olive green with light gold and silver glitter bits.
  • Gunmetal is a blue toned dark gray with a small amount of silver glitter.
  • Twice Baked is a dark, warmer toned brown.
  • Smog is a copper color with a metallic finish.
  • Half Baked is dark golden color with a metallic finish.
My favorite out of the bunch is Gunmetal! It definitely makes a great simple smokey eye color. They're all so extremely pigmented and with one soft tap of your finger on each shadow, you get such a large swatch. It really is incredible.

The Verdict.

Well, of course I love this palette! It comes with every color I would need ever in my life. A pop of color, a wearable green, a smokey gunmetal, and then browns and golds! Absolutely perfect. Out of all the palettes by Urban Decay I can easily say this is my favorite! What makes is better is that I got it for a 3rd of the price! This palette is the one I reach for the most, not only for the shadows, but because of the eye liner that I have come to love over the years. So. Win!

Unfortunately, I don't see this palette on their website anymore but you should still be able to find it on eBay, Amazon, and other places online. Would I say it's worth it? Well yeah! Even full price, it's definitely worth it. <3333

Hope you enjoyed my review!

2 comments:

  1. $13 that's crazy!! We never have sales that good in the UK, the colours are gorgeous :)

    Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I was wide eyed and ecstatic when I saw it was on sale. I couldn't resist! They always have incredible sales on palettes on their site!

    <3Alma

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...